In the afternoon of October 17th, there was a significant dust storm that impacted the Lubbock, Texas area. This dust storm or “haboob” has caused at least 17 reports of winds above 50kt (58mph). Below are several views of the data from various sources:
- Animated radar loop of the event
- Storm reports from the Experimental Local Storm Reports Google Maps Display.
- NWS Lubbock Local Storm Reports via Iowa State University
- Shapefiles and Excel Spreadsheet available from the link above
- Instagram w/ 4 dust storm photos from @starrcliff Continue reading